At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- "They climbed a flight of stairs and entered the “Creature-Induced Injuries” corridor, where the second door on the right bore the words “DANGEROUS” DAI LLEWELLYN WARD: SERIOUS BITES. Underneath this was a card in a brass holder on which had been handwritten Healer-in-Charge: Hippocrates Smethwyck, Trainee Healer: Augustus Pye."
- — Harry Potter's description of the Dai Llewellyn Ward[src]
The 'Dangerous' Dai Llewellyn Ward: Series Bites was a ward located on the first floor of St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries. The ward was named after the famous Welsh Quidditch player, "Dangerous" Dai Llewellyn who was eaten by a Chimaera.
Located on the Creature Induced Injuries corridor of St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries' first floor, the 'Dangerous' Dai Llewellyn Ward: Serious Bites was named in honour of "Dangerous" Dai Llewellyn, a Welsh Quidditch player famous for his risky tactics, who died when he was eaten by a Chimaera while on holiday in Mykonos, Greece.
In 1995, the ward's staff consisted of Healer-in-Charge Hippocrates Smethwyck and Trainee Healer Augustus Pye. The ward was small and dingy, the walls were oak panelled with only one window that was located opposite the door. It was mainly illuminated by shining crystal bubbles clustered in the middle of the ceiling. A portrait of Urquhart Rackharrow, inventor of the Entrail-Expelling Curse, was hung on one wall.
- "Arthur Weasley? Yes, first floor, second door on the right, Dai Llewellyn Ward."
- — A witch directing Molly Weasley to the ward[src]
In December 1995, Arthur Weasley was admitted to the ward after being attacked by Nagini in the Department of Mysteries. He shared the ward with two other patients; a wizard who was bitten by a werewolf and a witch who refused to tell the Healers what had bitten her. During Arthur Weasley's stay, Trainee Healer Augustus Pye was interested in Muggle medicine and attempted to help Arthur by using stitches on his wounds, although they did not work as Nagini's venom was too powerful.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First appearance)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery