The following events occurred in the 15th century:
- Early fifteenth century: Beedle the Bard is born in Yorkshire, England.
- Gifford Ollerton kills the giant Hengist of Upper Barnton.
- Quidditch takes up increased popularity in Europe.
- The French wizard Malecrit writes the play Hélas, Je me suis Transfiguré Les Pieds.
- Beater's bats are enchanted to make their swing more powerful.
- Wizarding seamstress Delfina Crimp first develops the Severing Charm.
- Azkaban is built.
- The Wizengamot creates the Order of Merlin award, in commemoration of Merlin, for recognition of outstanding bravery, achievement or distinction.
- Gringotts Wizarding Bank is founded.
Notes and references
- ↑ The Tales of Beedle the Bard - Introduction
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Mentioned on a Famous Wizard Card)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Quidditch Through the Ages, Chapter 8 (The Spread of Quidditch Worldwide)
- ↑ Quidditch Through the Ages, Chapter 6 (Changes in Quidditch since the Fourteenth Century)
- ↑ Wonderbook: Book of Spells
- ↑ Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Azkaban" at Pottermore
- ↑ Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Order of Merlin" at Pottermore
B.C. era - 1st to 10th century - 11th century - 12th century - 13th century - 14th century
15th century - 16th century - 17th century - 18th century - 19th century - 20th century - 21st century
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.