The following events happened in the 1690s.
- 1692: The International Statute of Wizarding Secrecy is passed.
- 1692: The Gryffindor Quidditch team suffers such a heavy defeat that it takes three-hundred years until they suffer one equally bad.
- 1692 & 1693: The Salem Witch Trials held in colonial Massachusetts.
- 1693: The Magical Congress of the United States of America is first established.
- 1694: The forty-second Wizarding Schools Potions Championship is held.
- 1692: Thaddeus Thurkell.
- 1697: Urquhart Rackharrow.
- 1698: Dymphna Furmage.
- 1699: Almerick Sawbridge.
Notes and references
- ↑ Quidditch Through the Ages, Chapter 5 (Anti-Muggle Precautions)
- ↑ Third W.O.M.B.A.T. at J. K. Rowling's official site
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 7 (Mudbloods And Murmurs)
- ↑ Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Seventeenth Century and Beyond" at Wizarding World
- ↑ Wonderbook: Book of Potions
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Mentioned on a Famous Wizard Card)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 22 (St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries)
| 17th century|
1600s 1610s 1620s 1630s 1640s 1650s 1660s 1670s 1680s 1690s
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.