16 December is the 350th day of the year (351st in leap years). There are 15 days remaining.
- 1775: Jane Austen, the Muggle author who wrote Pride and Prejudice, Emma, and Sense and Sensibility, is born.
- 1926: Newton Scamander departs from New York, promising Porpentina Goldstein that he will deliver a copy of his book to her.
- 1992: Hermione Granger continues brewing Polyjuice Potion in Moaning Myrtle's Bathroom. 
Behind the scenes
- 1975: Tony Christian, the British actor who plays a Slytherin Beater in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is born.
- 1979: Denis Khoroshko, who played Smirnoff, born.
Notes and references
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay, Scene 122 takes place the 'next day' after Newt delivered his letter and occamy eggshells to Jacob Kowalski which is a 'week later' from when Jacob was obliviated on the dawn of 8 December.