The following events happened in the 1700s:
- 1700: A portrait of Google Stump and a portrait of Albert Gibbering Stump, both currently hung at Hogwarts Castle, are painted.
- 1701: The forty-third Wizarding Schools Potions Championship is held.
- 1702: McTawny Broomsticks established.
- 1707: The British Ministry of Magic is founded, replacing the earlier Wizard's Council. Ulick Gamp is elected the first Minister for Magic.
- 1708: The forty-fourth Wizarding Schools Potions Championship is held.
- 1709: The Warlock's Convention outlaws dragon breeding.
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter Limited Edition - The Paintings of Hogwarts: Masterpieces from the School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Sets
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Wonderbook: Book of Potions
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film) (see this image)
- ↑ Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Ministers for Magic" at Wizarding World
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 14 (Norbert the Norwegian Ridgeback)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- ↑ Chocolate Frog Cards
| 18th century|
1700s 1710s 1720s 1730s 1740s 1750s 1760s 1770s 1780s 1790s
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.