The following events happened in the 1720s:
- 1722: Dilys Derwent starts her career as a Healer at St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries.
- 1722: The Committee for the Disposal of Dangerous Creatures sentences a Hippogriff to death. The execution method was, according to Hermione Granger, "disgusting".
- 1722: The forty-sixth Wizarding Schools Potions Championship is held.
- 1724 to 1728: The Slytherin Quidditch team was captained by Katie Rayknolls.
- 1726: Damocles Rowle is forced to step down as Minister for Magic due to censure from the International Confederation of Wizards. He was replaced by Perseus Parkinson.
- 1728: A. Webb Servicing Ltd. is established.
- 1728: The Slytherin team was captained by Vicky Bishopper for the remainder of the decade.
- 1729: The forty-seventh Wizarding Schools Potions Championship is held.
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 22 (St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 11 (The Firebolt)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Wonderbook: Book of Potions
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Harry Potter Page to Screen: The Complete Filmmaking Journey, p. 349 (see this image)
- ↑ Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Ministers for Magic" at Pottermore
- ↑ Harry Potter Limited Edition - A Guide to the Graphic Arts Department: Posters, Prints, and Publications from the Harry Potter Films
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Mentioned on a Famous Wizard Card)
| 18th century|
1700s 1710s 1720s 1730s 1740s 1750s 1760s 1770s 1780s 1790s
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.