The following events happened in the 1750s:
- 1750: The Ministry of Magic passes the first official set of rules of Quidditch, even though the Department of Magical Games and Sports was only established in the 1810s. The International Statute of Wizarding Secrecy is changed, adding Clause 73 to the code: "Each nation is responsible for keeping the Magical Creatures within their nation secret from Muggles.
- 1750: Gladrags Wizardwear is founded.
- 1750: 2nd Hand Brooms is founded.
- 1750: The fiftieth Wizarding Schools Potions Championship is held.
- 1752: A goblin rebellion occurs in Great Britain. Due to mismanaging this rebellion, Minister for Magic Albert Boot resigned. His replacement, Basil Flack, lasted in office only two months, resigning when the goblins allied themselves with the werewolves. Hesphaestus Gore was then elected Minister.
- 1753: J. Pippin's Potions is established.
- 1754: A race between Aberdeen and Rome is held between rival broom fliers Torquil McTavish and Silvio Astolfi. The finish of the race ends in disaster, as a spontaneous fight between supporters of both racers leads to the destruction of the Coliseum. Orabella Nuttley manages to repair the damage before any Muggles can arrive on the scene, thus first publicly displaying the Mending Charm she had invented.
- 1757: The fifty-first Wizarding Schools Potions Championship is held.
- 1750 to 1752: Jess Lafington captained the Slytherin Quidditch team.
- 1752 to 1756: Kris Kolumbiko captained the Slytherin Quidditch team.
- 1756 to 1760: David Makehay captained the Slytherin Quidditch team.
- 1750: Gulliver Pokeby.
- 1750: Xavier Rastrick.
- 1754: Artemisia Lufkin.
- 1756: Faris Spavin.
Behind the scenes
- The Chudley Cannons crest featured in the film series includes the inscription "Est. 1753". This, however, cannot be taken as canon since it goes against information in Quidditch Through the Ages, in which it is specified that the Chudley Cannons were one of the thirteen Quidditch teams selected to join the British and Irish Quidditch League when it was first established in 1674.
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Ministers for Magic" at Pottermore
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film): Chapter 20
- ↑ The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (see this image)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Wonderbook: Book of Potions
- ↑ Wonderbook: Book of Spells - Chapter 3, Part 1
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Harry Potter Page to Screen: The Complete Filmmaking Journey, p. 349 (see this image)
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 Chocolate Frog Cards
- ↑ Wizard of the Month
- ↑ Harry Potter Limited Edition - A Guide to the Graphic Arts Department: Posters, Prints, and Publications from the Harry Potter Films (see this image)
- ↑ Quidditch Through the Ages, Chapter 7 (Quidditch Teams of Britain and Ireland)
| 18th century|
1700s 1710s 1720s 1730s 1740s 1750s 1760s 1770s 1780s 1790s
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.