The following events happened in the 1760's:
- 1760: President Thornton Harkaway relocated Magical Congress of the United States of America headquarters to Williamsburg, Virginia.
- 1762: The extremely dangerous Scottish game called Creaothceann is outlawed.
- 1762: Nicolas Flamel is spotted at the opera in Paris.
- 1764: The fifty-second Wizarding Schools Potions Championship is held.
- 1768: Dilys Derwent retires as Headmistress of Hogwarts.
- 1768: Tomes and Scrolls bookshop is established.
Notes and references
- Quidditch Through the Ages, Chapter 2 (Ancient Broom Games)
- "Very early page of Philosopher's Stone", by J. K. Rowling
- Wonderbook: Book of Potions
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 22 (St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries)
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Harry Potter Page to Screen: The Complete Filmmaking Journey, p. 349 (see this image)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- Chocolate Frog Cards
- J. K. Rowling's official site
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
1700s 1710s 1720s 1730s 1740s 1750s 1760s 1770s 1780s 1790s
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.