The following events happened in the 1790s:
- 1790: President Emily Rappaport enacts Rappaport's Law, which created total segregation between the magic and non-magic communities in the United States by banning wizards and witches from marrying or befriending No-Majs, restricting them to interactions "necessary to perform daily activities."
- 1790: The French Ministry of Magic was founded.
- 1792: A Cockatrice escapes during a Triwizard Tournament and injures three judges.
- 1792: Quintin Black brand established.
- 1792: The fifty-sixth Wizarding Schools Potions Championship is held.
- 1793-94: The Terror takes place in France. Among those targeted by the revolutionaries was the wizard Vincent Duc de Trefle-Picques, who managed to escape execution by casting a Concealment Charm on his own neck and pretending to have already been decapitated.
- 1794: The first recorded sighting of an Acromantula, in Borneo.
- 1796: Wand Repair is established.
- 1798: Artemisia Lufkin is elected Minister for Magic.
- 1799: A Ukrainian Ironbelly carries off a Muggle sailing boat with no one on board.
- 1799: The fifty-seventh Wizarding Schools Potions Championship is held.
- 1791: Flavius Belby.
- 1798: Edgar Stroulger.
- 1799: Gondoline Oliphant.
- 1799: Gaidic Lestrange.
- 1799: Nozéa Lestrange.
- 1799: Fortunade Lestrange.
Notes and references
- "History of Magic in North America: Rappaport's Law" on Pottermore
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 15 (Beauxbatons and Durmstrang)
- Harry Potter Wizard's Collection — Label Collection book (see this image)
- Wonderbook: Book of Potions
- Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Beauxbatons Academy of Magic" at Wizarding World
- Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Ministers for Magic" at Wizarding World
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- Chocolate Frog Cards
- Wizard of the Month
1700s 1710s 1720s 1730s 1740s 1750s 1760s 1770s 1780s 1790s
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.