17 May is the 137th day of the year (138th in leap years). There are 228 days remaining until the end of the year.
- 1997: Much of Hogwarts gossips about Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley's new relationship.
- 2014: The first day of the fifth match of the 2014 Quidditch World Cup takes place, Liechtenstein versus Chad.
Behind the scenes
- 1958: Paul Whitehouse, the actor who played Sir Cadogan in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, is born.
- 1985: Derek Hough, who played a Hogwarts student in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, is born.
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 25 (The Seer Overheard) The couple got together on the day of the Quidditch final which was on a Saturday, sometime around the middle May according to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 24 (Sectumsempra), which was Saturday the 17th. The school then talked about them for the "next few weeks"
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.