The following events happened in the 1880s
- Sir Herbert Varney, a London vampire, preys upon various women. He is stopped and killed in 1889 by a special squad from the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures.
- 1881: Leadenhall Market is designed by Sir Horace Jones.
- 1883: Quidditch goalposts evolve from large baskets on poles to the current scoring hoops, thus marking the final alteration of the Quidditch pitch. Quidditch fans angrily demonstrate against the change (a representative from the Department of Magical Games and Sports is forced to retreat under a hail of baskets thrown by the demonstrators), and the ensuing riot is later blamed on goblin agitators.
- 1883: The sixty-ninth Wizarding Schools Potions Championship is held.
- 1884: A Golden Snitch allegedly escapes into the wild after a six-month long Quidditch match on Bodmin Moor. Cornish wizards to this day believe it still lives wild on the Moor, although Kennilworthy Whisp, on his work Quidditch Through the Ages, admits not having been able to confirm that story.
- 1884: Stooging is outlawed in Quidditch.
- 1880: Thomas Riddle.
- Summer, 1881: Albus Dumbledore to Percival and Kendra Dumbledore.
- 1881: Hesper Starkey.
- 1881: Harvey Ridgebit.
- c. 1881: Elphias Doge.
- 1883: Mary Riddle.
- c. 1883: Gellert Grindelwald.
- c. 1884: Yusuf Kama to Mustafa and Laurena Kama.
- c. 1884: Aberforth Dumbledore to Percival and Kendra Dumbledore.
- 1884: Arcturus Black II to Phineas Nigellus Black and Ursula Flint.
- c. 1885: Ariana Dumbledore to Percival and Kendra Dumbledore.
- 1886: Belvina Black to Phineas Nigellus Black and Ursula Flint.
- 1888: Fifi LaFolle.
- 1888: Norvel Twonk.
- 1889: Roderick Plumpton.
- 1889: Cygnus Black II to Phineas Nigellus Black and Ursula Flint.
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) - Chapter 5 (Diagon Alley)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Quidditch Through the Ages, Chapter 6 (Changes in Quidditch since the Fourteenth Century)
- ↑ Wonderbook: Book of Potions
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Wizard of the Month
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Mentioned on a Famous Wizard Card)
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 2 (In Memoriam)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 18 (The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore)
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay, Scene 101 "INT. KAMA MANSION—1896—NIGHT [...] The twelve-year-old KAMA runs after his mother, tugs at her hand, and tries to pull her back upstairs."
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 Black family tree
- ↑ On Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Chapter 28 (The Missing Mirror), Aberforth Dumbledore says Ariana was fourteen at the time of Kendra's accidental death, which took place in 1899 (the year in which Albus Dumbledore graduated from Hogwarts).
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
| 19th century|
1800s 1810s 1820s 1830s 1840s 1850s 1860s 1870s 1880s 1890s
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.