The following events happened in the 1890s.
- 1890: The seventieth Wizarding Schools Potions Championship is held.
- 1891: Garrice & Sonnleitner Co. is established in New York.
- 1892: Albus Dumbledore starts his first year of Hogwarts and is sorted into Gryffindor.
- 1892: The Chudley Cannons win the League Cup of the British and Irish Quidditch League, the last cup they have ever won.
- 1892: The Great Sasquatch Rebellion takes place in Washington.
- 1894: The Department of Magical Games and Sports bans the tradition of shooting arrows into the air to celebrate an Appleby Arrows goal after referee Nugent Potts is pierced through the nose by one arrow.
- 1895: Aberforth Dumbledore begins his first year of Hogwarts.
- 1896: A student successfully cheats on their Ordinary Wizarding Levels. This would be the last successful instance of this for at least the next century.
- 1897: The seventy-first Wizarding Schools Potions Championship is held.
- 9 May 1899: The Witches' League is founded.
- c. June-August 1899: Albus Dumbledore sits his N.E.W.T.s and graduates from Hogwarts in a blaze of glory: Head Boy, Winner of the Barnabus Finkley Prize for Exceptional Spell-Casting, British Youth Representative to the Wizengamot, Gold Medal-Winner for Ground-Breaking Contribution to the International Alchemical Conference in Cairo. Later in the summer, Dumbledore befriends Gellert Grindelwald during the latter's stay in Godric's Hollow, and soon they became lovers. However their relationship is short-lived; during a row, a three-way duel broke out between Albus, Grindelwald and Aberforth which ended in the accidental death of Ariana Dumbledore.
- 1899: Eloise Mintumble became trapped for five days in the year 1402, messing up time so severely that it was Tuesday for two and a half days and Thursday disappeared in four hours. Twenty five people became un-born thanks to the damage to the timeline. When she got back to the present, her body had aged five centuries, and she died in hospital.
- 1899: The Ginzberg Delaunay department store is established.
- 1894: Cassandra Vablatsky
- 1895: Magenta Comstock
- Last quarter of 1896: Leta Lestrange
- 24 February 1897: Newton Scamander
- 1893: Laverne de Montmorency
- 1893: Arcturus Black I
- 1899: Kendra Dumbledore
- 1899: Ariana Dumbledore
- 1899: Eloise Mintumble
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Wonderbook: Book of Potions
- ↑ J. K. Rowling's Wizarding World: Movie Magic Volume One: Extraordinary People and Fascinating Places (see this image)
- ↑ Dumbledore was born in 1881. On chapter 18 of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore), Rita Skeeter states that Dumbledore was "nearing" his eighteenth birthday when he left Hogwarts in June, but was still 17 when he met Grindelwald, making his month of birth either July or August. This makes his eleventh birthday fall during the summer of 1892, and his start at Hogwarts on the first of September of that year.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Quidditch Through the Ages, Chapter 7 (Quidditch Teams of Britain and Ireland)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 2 (In Memoriam)
- ↑ HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX - 2nd Draft
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) DVD (Disc 2 - Lockhart's Office) (see this image)
- ↑ The date of Dumbledore's N.E.W.T.s and final year can be inferred from the year he started at Hogwarts.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 18 (The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore)
- ↑ http://animagos.com.br/2019/02/17/j-k-rowling-confirma-o-relacionamento-entre-dumbledore-e-grindelwald-foi-amoroso/
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 28 (The Missing Mirror)
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Wizarding World - New From J. K. Rowling - Time-Turner
- ↑ The Case of Beasts: Explore the Film Wizardry of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (see this image)
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Mentioned on a Famous Wizard Card)
- ↑ Wizard of the Month
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay, Scene 101, specifies Leta was born in 1896. It is also known Leta was in the same year as Newt Scamander at Hogwarts; Newt was born on 24 February 1897, meaning he (and by extension, Leta) was Sorted on 1 September 1908 — if Leta was born sometime prior to 1 September 1896, she would have been Sorted one year before Newt, in 1907.
- ↑ Tweet from the official Fantastic Beasts Twitter account (see this image)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
| 19th century|
1800s 1810s 1820s 1830s 1840s 1850s 1860s 1870s 1880s 1890s
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.