The Loop (Movies)
Do you like this video?
The following events occurred in 1927:
- March: Kowalski Quality Baked Goods, a bakery owned by Jacob Kowalski, has opened on Rivington Street in New York and is doing very well.
- Between 1 January and 19 March: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, written by Newt Scamander, was first published.
- 19 March: A book launch for Fantastic Beasts and where to Find Them is held at Flourish and Blotts in Diagon Alley.
- 30 May: Dark wizard Gellert Grindelwald, who had been captured by Newt Scamander and the MACUSA in December of the previous year, made a dramatic escape.
- Credence Barebone and Nagini escape from Circus Arcanus.
- Jacob Kowalski and Newt Scamander go to Paris.
- Assisted by his acolytes, Gellert Grindelwald secures a temporary base of operations and proceeds to hire Gunnar Grimmson to destroy Irma Dugard.
- When Barebone and Nagini find Dugard, Grimmson arrives and assassinates her.
- Newt meets up with Tina Goldstein, and after meeting Nicolas Flamel, they infiltrate the French Ministry of Magic to gain information on Credence Barebone and his connection to the Lestrange family.
- Queenie Goldstein is exploited by Vinda Rosier and joins Gellert Grindelwald.
- Gellert Grindelwald rallies his followers in the Lestrange Mausoleum. When Aurors arrive and kill a listener, Grindelwald conjures cursed fire to easily subdue his attackers and distinguish friend from foe. Krall dies, while Credence Barebone, Queenie Goldstein, six of the Aurors, and Vinda Rosier pass through unharmed. Leta Lestrange sacrifices herself to allow everyone else to escape Grindelwald's wrath, prompting Grindelwald and Rosier to leave. Subsequently, the heroes put out a fire unleashed by the warlord upon Paris.
- c. December: President Seraphina Picquery makes the thunderbird a protected species.
- 21 February: Angus Buchanan
- c. September:
Notes and references
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film) (see this image)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay, Scene 123
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - Introduction (About This Book)
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2017 edition)
- Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Scottish Rugby" at Wizarding World
|20th century : 1920s|
|1920 - 1921 - 1922 - 1923 - 1924 - 1925 - 1926 - 1927 - 1928 - 1929|
1900s 1910s 1920s 1930s 1940s 1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.