The following events occurred in 1940:
- The Tinderblast broomstick released by Black Forest company Ellerby and Spudmore.
- Winky Crockett captained the Slytherin Quidditch team.
Behind the scenes
- 19 October: Michael Gambon who plays Professor Albus Dumbledore was born.
- 22 January: John Hurt, who played Garrick Ollivander, born.
- 11 March: Derek Deadman, who played Tom, born.
Notes and references
- ↑ "JKRowling.com Archives: Birthdays" from Mugglenet
- ↑ In Chamber of Secrets, the date of that particular school year is firmly established as being 1992-1993. It is also said that Hagrid was expelled 50 years prior to this (1943), during his third year at Hogwarts. A third year student is 13-14 years old. Along with Jo's confirmation Hagrid was born on December 6, Hagrid's year of birth can only be 1928. He would have turned eleven on December 6 1939 and therefore have started Hogwarts the following September, 1940.
- ↑ Quidditch Through the Ages, Chapter 9 (The Development of the Racing Broom)
- ↑ Harry Potter: The Exhibition, (see this image)
- ↑ Wizard of the Month
|20th century : 1940s|
|1940 - 1941 - 1942 - 1943 - 1944 - 1945 - 1946 - 1947 - 1948 - 1949|
| 20th century|
1900s 1910s 1920s 1930s 1940s 1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.