The following events occurred in 1941:
Behind the scenes
- 14 April: Julie Christie, who played Madam Rosmerta, born.
- 18 May: Miriam Margolyes, who played Pomona Sprout, born.
- 4 August: John Atterbury, who played Phineas Nigellus Black, born.
Notes and references
- Harry Potter: The Exhibition, (see this image)
- J. K. Rowling's official site
- Pottermore Twitter
- Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Professor McGonagall" at Wizarding World - "Minerva’s school career overlapped by two years with that of Pomona Sprout, later Head of Hufflepuff House" McGonagall attended 1947-1954, so if it was Sprout's last two years of her term (1942-1949) that overlapped then she would be born 1931. If it was Sprout's first two years of her term (1952-1959) that overlapped then she would be born 1941
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 24 (Rita Skeeter's Scoop), Hagrid said “Dad raised me . . . but he died, o’ course, jus’ after I started school. Sorta had ter make me own way after that." Hagrid was born in December 1928 and started attending Hogwarts in September 1940, meaning Mr Hagrid died sometime in 1941 or 1942.
|20th century : 1940s|
|1940 - 1941 - 1942 - 1943 - 1944 - 1945 - 1946 - 1947 - 1948 - 1949|
1900s 1910s 1920s 1930s 1940s 1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.