Jurassic World: Dominion Dominates Fandom Wikis - The Loop
Do you like this video?
At least some content in this article is derived from information about Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
The following events occurred in 1965:
- Shortly before 10 March: Nearing his fifth birthday, Remus Lupin acquires lycanthropy after being attacked by werewolf Fenrir Greyback as retaliation for his father Lyall's description of werewolves as "soulless, evil, deserving nothing but death".
- The Ban on Experimental Breeding is enacted.
- The process of metrication (switching to metric measurements) begins in Muggle Great Britain. The wizarding community simply ignored the change.
- In the United States, Rappaport's Law was repealed, allowing wizards to interact with the No-Maj population as well as letting underage North American witches and wizards take their wands home from Ilvermorny during vacations.
Behind the scenes
- Michael Aston, who played a Wizard at Platform Nine and Three-Quarters in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, is born.
- 23 January: Sarah Bennett, who played a goblin in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, is born.
- 29 May: Peter Breitmayer, who played Gilbert Bingley in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film), is born.
- 31 July: J. K. Rowling is born.
- 22 November: Mads Mikkelsen, who will play Gellert Grindelwald in Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore, is born.
Notes and references
- Possibly 16 February as this was the previous full moon (Full Moon Chart) and werewolves have to be fully transformed to transmit lycanthropy. (see Writing by J. K. Rowling: "Werewolves" at Wizarding World)
- Writing by J. K. Rowling: "Remus Lupin" at Wizarding World
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- Writing by J. K. Rowling: "Measurements" at Wizarding World
- House of Black
|20th century : 1960s|
|1960 - 1961 - 1962 - 1963 - 1964 - 1965 - 1966 - 1967 - 1968 - 1969|