The Loop (Movies)
Do you like this video?
The following events occurred in 1965:
- Shortly before 10 March: Nearing his fifth birthday, Remus Lupin acquires lycanthropy after being attacked by werewolf Fenrir Greyback as retaliation for his father Lyall's description of werewolves as "soulless, evil, deserving nothing but death."
- The Ban on Experimental Breeding is enacted.
- The process of metrication (switching to metric measurements) begins in Muggle Great Britain. The wizarding community simply ignored the change.
- In The United States, Rappaport's Law was repealed, allowing wizards to interact with the No-Maj population as well as letting underage North American witches and wizards take their wands home from Ilvermorny during vacations.
Behind the scenes
- Michael Aston, who played Wizard at Platform Nine and Three-Quarters, born.
- 23 January: Sarah Bennett, who played a Goblin, born.
- 29 May: Peter Breitmayer, who played Gilbert Bingley, born.
- 31 July: J. K. Rowling is born
Notes and references
- Possibly 16 February as this was the previous full moon (Full Moon Chart) and werewolves have to be fully transformed to transmit lycanthropy. (see Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Werewolves" at Wizarding World)
- Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Remus Lupin" at Wizarding World
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Measurements" at Wizarding World
- House of Black
|20th century : 1960s|
|1960 - 1961 - 1962 - 1963 - 1964 - 1965 - 1966 - 1967 - 1968 - 1969|
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.