At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
The following events occurred in the year 1972:
- Muggles Who Notice by Blenheim Stalk is published.
- Remus Lupin's friends James Potter, Sirius Black, and Peter Pettigrew discover that he is a werewolf, and resolve to learn to become animagi.
- An incident related to a casting of the Bat-Bogey Hex reputedly takes place at Hogwarts, affecting a whole class.
1 September: Individuals that started Hogwarts
- The Slytherin Quidditch team was newly captained by Emma Vanity.
- The Chudley Cannons adopt a new motto, "Let's all keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best", in the same year that they participated in the International Quidditch Tournament.
- 12 December: Charlie Weasley to Arthur and Molly Weasley.
- December: Rowan Khanna to their father and mother.
- Donaghan Tremlett to Mr and Mrs Tremlett.
Behind the scenes
- 13 June: Martin Ballantyne, who played Mundungus Fletcher's associate, born.
- 22 December: Arnaud Adam, who played a Ghost, born.
Notes and references
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 18 (Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs) - "It took them the best part of three years to figure out how to [become animagi]... Finally, in our fifth year, they managed it."
- Harry Potter Limited Edition - A Guide to the Graphic Arts Department: Posters, Prints, and Publications from the Harry Potter Films - (see this image)
- Black Family Tree by J.K.Rowling (see this image)
- In Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 4 (Horace Slughorn), Slughorn says Cresswell was "in the year after" Lily Evans at Hogwarts School. Seeing that Lily's (born in 1960) first year was the 1971-1972 school year, Dirk's had to be the 1972-1973 school year and, thus, he was born in late 1960 or early 1961.
- Harry Potter: The Exhibition, (see this image)
- Quidditch Through the Ages, Chapter 7 (Quidditch Teams of Britain and Ireland)
- Harry Potter Lexicon - The Age of the Weasleys
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year ?
- Wizard of the Month
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (video game)
- Arnaud at UK Screen
|20th century : 1970s|
|1970 - 1971 - 1972 - 1973 - 1974 - 1975 - 1976 - 1977 - 1978 - 1979|
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.