At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
The following events occurred in the year 1983:
- Fred Weasley turns his brother Ron's teddy bear into a spider in revenge for Ron breaking his toy broomstick, causing Ron's arachnophobia.
Individuals that started at Hogwarts
Behind the scenes
- 15 March: Actor Sean Biggerstaff, who played Oliver Wood, is born.
- 12 May: Actor Domhnall Gleeson, who played Bill Weasley in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows films, is born.
- 5 October: Actress Chloe Bruce, who played a Snatcher, is born.
- 27 October: Actor Scot Fearn, who played Adrian Pucey, is born.
- 8 November: Actor Chris Rankin, who played Percy Weasley, is born.
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 9 (Grim Defeat) "If you must know, when I was three, Fred turned my — my teddy bear into a great big filthy spider because I broke his toy broomstick". Ron was born March 1980 and turned three in March 1983
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 12 (The Triwizard Tournament) states Dennis started Hogwarts in September 1994, meaning he was born around 1983
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
|20th century : 1980s|
|1980 - 1981 - 1982 - 1983 - 1984 - 1985 - 1986 - 1987 - 1988 - 1989|
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.