The following events occurred in the year 1985:
- Fred and George Weasley are punished by Arthur Weasley for almost forcing Ron to make the Unbreakable Vow.
May or June
- 23 June:
Individuals that started at Hogwarts
Behind the scenes
- 20 January: Actor Robert Roman Ratajczak, who played a Wedding Guest, is born.
- 16 May: Actor Stanislav Ianevski, who played Viktor Krum, is born.
- 17 May: Actor Derek Hough, who played a Ravenclaw student in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, is born
- August: Actor Henry Lloyd-Hughes, who played Roger Davies, is born.
- 2 August: Chase Armitage, who played a Snatcher, born.
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 16 (A Very Frosty Christmas) "Fred and George tried to get me to make one when I was about five. I nearly did too, I was holding hands with Fred and everything when Dad found us. He went mental" Ron was born in March 1980 and would have turned five in March 1985. Though it's possible it was in January or February of 1986.
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
- ↑ In Britain, children attend Primary school from the age of 5 to 11.
- ↑ Quidditch Through the Ages - Foreword
- ↑ Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Professor McGonagall" at Wizarding World
- ↑ Wizard of the Month
- ↑ The Black Family Tree confirms that Walburga Black was born in 1925 and died in 1985.
|20th century : 1980s|
|1980 - 1981 - 1982 - 1983 - 1984 - 1985 - 1986 - 1987 - 1988 - 1989|
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.