Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
The following events occurred in the year 1986:
- Bill Weasley is made a prefect.
- The 420th Quidditch World Cup takes place. The American team qualifies for the World Cup, captained by Maximus Brankovitch III.
- Slytherin wins the House Cup.
- Jacob's sibling, Bill Weasley and another friend (either Rowan Khanna, Penny Haywood or Ben Copper) enter the Vault of Ice.
Individuals that started at Hogwarts
Individuals that graduated from Hogwarts
Behind the scenes
- 25 February: Actors James and Oliver Phelps, who played Fred and George Weasley, is born.
- 24 March: Christopher Rithin, who played a Dudley's gang member, is born.
- 7 May: Actor Robbie Jarvis, who played a teenage James Potter, is born.
- 13 May: Actor Robert Pattinson, who played Cedric Diggory, is born.
- 25 May: Alec Hopkins, who played Teenage Severus Snape, is born.
- 12 June: Luke Youngblood, who played Lee Jordan, is born.
- 14 September: Simpson McKendry, who played a Beauxbatons girl, is born.
- 28 November: Esther Smith, who played Delphini, is born.
Notes and references
- According to Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 9 (The Woes of Mrs Weasley), Molly Weasley noted when Ron became Prefect "That’s everyone in the family!" Prefects at Hogwarts are chosen in their fifth year. Bill started attending Hogwarts in 1982 and would have started his fifth year in the 1986-1987 school year. Therefore, he became Prefect in 1986
- Quidditch Through the Ages, Chapter 8 (The Spread of Quidditch Worldwide)
- According to Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 17 (The Man with Two Faces), Slytherin would have won the House Cup for "the seventh year in a row". It was stated in the 1991-1992 school year, meaning they had won it every year since the 1985-1986 school year
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 2, Chapter 10 (The Vault of Ice)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 11 (Quidditch) stated Flint was a sixth year. He should have left in 1993 except he appeared in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Rowling later stated on her website that Flint had to retake the exams he failed and so had to stay another year, graduating in 1994 instead
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 3, "A DRAGON'S QUEST" Achievement - She had already graduated in the 1986–1987 school year, the year in which this adventure takes place.
- Alec Hopkins Interview. SeverusSnape.org. September . Retrieved 29 May .
|20th century : 1980s|
|1980 - 1981 - 1982 - 1983 - 1984 - 1985 - 1986 - 1987 - 1988 - 1989|