At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
This article lists the general events of the 1987–1988 school year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, which have been witnessed by the majority of the students and teachers. It leaves out those events which are only known to Jacob's sibling and the people close to them.
The staff at Hogwarts during the 1987–1988 school year were as follows:
|First years||Gryffindors||Percy Weasley, Oliver Wood|
|Second years||Slytherins||Marcus Flint|
|Fourth years||Gryffindors||Ben Copper, Charlie Weasley, Jae Kim, Thorin|
|Hufflepuffs||Penny Haywood, Nymphadora Tonks, Diego Caplan, Chiara Lobosca|
|Ravenclaws||Andre Egwu, Tulip Karasu, Talbott Winger, Badeea Ali|
|Slytherins||Merula Snyde, Barnaby Lee, Ismelda Murk, Liz Tuttle|
|Unknown||Rowan Khanna, Jacob's sibling|
|Sixth years||Gryffindors||Bill Weasley, Emily Tyler|
|Unknown year||Hufflepuffs||Gabriel Truman|
- Albus Dumbledore welcomed Patricia Rakepick to Hogwarts in order to deal with the dangers inside the castle due to someone tampering with the Cursed Vaults.
- Several students were affected by the Sleepwalking curse, which caused them to wander off into the Forbidden Forest. Some of the students were rescued and sent to the Hospital Wing.
- After interrogating house-elves, ghosts, and investigations throughout the castle and Hogsmeade without being able to obtain conclusive evidence of their whereabouts, Madam Rakepick eventually resorted to go behind the back of the faculty at the school by training and grooming some of the students to become her assistant in her own search for the vaults behind their back. And this despite the Headmaster's prohibition of students getting involved in anything having to do with the vaults.
- The Black Lake incident happened that term, prompting Professor Dumbledore to take affair. As a result, no student was allowed to make use of the old school brooms outside of class.
- A Chimaera, as well as two got loose and Professor Kettleburn tried to find it.
- Gryffindor-Slytherin: Slytherin won
- 1992–1993 school year
- 1993–1994 school year
- 1994–1995 school year
- 1995–1996 school year
- 1996–1997 school year
- 1997–1998 school year
Notes and references
- ↑ HP Lexicon - The Age of the Weasleys - Charlie is seven years older than Ron, who was born in 1980
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 3, Side Quest "Become an Animagus!"
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 3, Chapter 2 (Boggarts and Butterbeer) - Potions Lesson "Wideye Potion"
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 3, Side Quest "Polyjuice Potion"
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 3, Side Quest "Bill's Secret"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 As Gabriel Truman, Robert Hilliard and Gemma Farley were Prefects in the 1991–1992 school year, they must have started at Hogwarts by 1987.
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 4, Side Quest "Become a Prefect!" (info revealed to Gryffindor players)