At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
This article lists the general events of the 1987–1988 school year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, which have been witnessed by the majority of the students and teachers. It leaves out those events which are only known to Jacob's sibling and the people close to them.
The staff at Hogwarts during the 1987–1988 school year were as follows:
- Albus Dumbledore welcomed Patricia Rakepick to Hogwarts in order to deal with the dangers inside the castle due to someone tampering with the Cursed Vaults.
- Several students were affected by the Sleepwalking curse, which caused them to wander off into the Forbidden Forest. Some of the students were rescued and sent to the Hospital Wing.
- After interrogating house-elves, ghosts, and investigations throughout the castle and Hogsmeade without being able to obtain conclusive evidence of their whereabouts, Madam Rakepick eventually resorted to go behind the back of the faculty at the school by training and grooming some of the students to become her assistant in her own search for the vaults behind their back. And this despite the Headmaster's prohibition of students getting involved in anything having to do with the vaults.
- The Black Lake incident happened that term, prompting Professor Dumbledore to take affair. As a result, no student was allowed to make use of the old school brooms outside of class.
- A Chimaera, as well as two got loose and Professor Kettleburn tried to find it.
- Gryffindor-Slytherin: Slytherin won
- 1992–1993 school year
- 1993–1994 school year
- 1994–1995 school year
- 1995–1996 school year
- 1996–1997 school year
- 1997–1998 school year
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 6, Chapter 7 (Niffler Hunting)
- ↑ In the original version of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 11 (Quidditch), Flint was stated to be a sixth-year. But in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 9 (Grim Defeat) (that was set in the 1993–1994 school year), he was still attending the school when he should have graduated the year prior in the 1992–1993 school year. J. K. Rowling, when asked in interview from February 2000, originally corrected the error by just saying that he had to take the year again. However, she then had the error corrected in the present version of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone to say that Flint was a fifth-year in the 1991–1992 school year. From that, it can be worked out that he started Hogwarts in September 1987, graduated in 1994 and was born in Sep 1975 to Aug 1976.
- ↑ HP Lexicon - The Age of the Weasleys - Charlie is seven years older than Ron, who was born in 1980
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 3, "Become an Animagus" Achievement
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 3, Chapter 2 (Boggarts and Butterbeer) - Potions Lesson "Wideye Potion"
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 3, Side Quest "Polyjuice Potion"
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 2, "Packmates" Achievement
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year ?, Side Quest "Poor Sport"
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 3, Side Quest "Bill's Secret"
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 As Gabriel Truman, Robert Hilliard and Gemma Farley were Prefects in the 1991–1992 school year, they must have started at Hogwarts by 1987.
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 1, Chapter 8 (Preparing for the Room)
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 4, "Become a Prefect" Achievement (info revealed to Gryffindor players)