At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
The following events occurred in the year 1988:
- Neville Longbottom is accidentally dropped from an upstairs window by his Great-Uncle Algie. When he bounces instead of falling to his death, it proves he is not a Squib.
- Jacob's sibling, Charlie Weasley, a third student (either Bill Weasley, Penny Haywood or Rowan Khanna), Rubeus Hagrid and Torvus enter the Forest Vault.
- Charlie Weasley is made a Prefect.
- Bill Weasley is made Head Boy.
- The portrait curse causes Beatrice Haywood to get stuck in a portrait.
- The eighty-fourth Wizarding Schools Potions Championship is held.
- Dudley Dursley is bullied by his schoolmates and he throws a tantrum.
Individuals that started Hogwarts
Behind the scenes
- 12 February: Afshan Azad, who played Padma Patil, born.
- 23 February: Nathan Barris, who played a Snatcher, born.
- 4 March: Matthew Kaye, who played a Snatcher, born.
- 4 March: Martin Owens-Cairns, who played an extra in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, born.
- 20 June: Shefali Chowdhury who plays Parvati Patil, is born.
- 2 July: Edward Randell, who played Justin Finch-Fletchley, born.
- 20 July: Julianne Hough, who played an Unidentified Gryffindor girl, born.
- 24 August: Shaun Andrews, who played a Snatcher, born.
- 24 August: Rupert Grint, who plays Ron Weasley in the films, is born to Joanna and Nigel Grint.
- 28 October: Devon Murray who plays Seamus Finnegan, is born to Fidelma and Michael Murray.
- 22 November: Jamie Campbell Bower, who played Gellert Grindelwald (teenage), born.
- 1 December: Zoë Kravitz, who plays Leta Lestrange, is born to Lenny Kravitz and Lisa Bonet.
- 2 December: Alfred Enoch, who plays Dean Thomas, is born to Etheline Lewis and William Russell Enoch.
- 1988 on Wikipedia
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 7 (The Sorting Hat) "Great Uncle Algie came round for dinner, and he was hanging me out of an upstairs window by the ankles when my Great Auntie Enid offered him a meringue and he accidentally let go. But I bounced -- all the way down the garden and into the road"
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 4, Chapter 16 (The Forest Vault)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 9 (The Woes of Mrs Weasley) Molly Weasley states "I don’t believe it! I don’t believe it! Oh, Ron, how wonderful! A prefect! That’s everyone in the family!" You become Prefect in your fifth year at Hogwarts, so Charles would have been made Prefect in 1988 judging by HP Lexicon - The Age of the Weasleys
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 6 (The Journey from Platform Nine and Three-Quarters) states "Bill and Charlie have already left -- Bill was head boy" and judging by HP Lexicon - The Age of the Weasleys, Bill would be made it in 1988-1989 school year
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 5, Chapter 2 (Grave Danger)
- ↑ Wonderbook: Book of Potions
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 In Ch. 19 of Order of the Phoenix, Angelina Johnson states, "Last year's Beaters, Derrick and Bole, have left." This indicates Derrick's seventh year was 1994-1995 and that he kept his position as Beater despite the cancellation of Quidditch matches during the Triwizard Tournament held that same term.
- ↑ Martin Owens-Cairns
|20th century : 1980s|
|1980 - 1981 - 1982 - 1983 - 1984 - 1985 - 1986 - 1987 - 1988 - 1989|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.