At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
The following events occurred in the year 1989:
- The Ordinary Wizarding Levels are held for students sorted in 1984, during which Professor Tofty spies on Jacob's sibling under orders from the Ministry of Magic.
- Jacob's sibling, Merula Snyde, Bill Weasley, Patricia Rakepick and a fifth person (either Penny Haywood or Charlie Weasley) enter the Portrait Vault. After Jacob's sibling defeats the Hungarian Horntail guarding the vault, Rakepick reveals her alliance with R and attempts to kill the students. The students attack back and Rakepick escapes. Jacob's sibling enters the vault and reunites with their long-lost brother, but their reunion is brief as Jacob leaves to go after Rakepick.
- The portrait curse is broken.
Individuals that started at Hogwarts
- Angelina Johnson
- Lee Jordan
- Alicia Spinnet
- Kenneth Towler
- Fred Weasley
- George Weasley
Individuals that Graduated from Hogwarts
Behind the scenes
- 20 January: Louis Doyle, who played Ernie Macmillan, born.
- 8 February: Dani Harmer, who played an Extra, born.
- 22 February: Actress Charlotte Skeoch who portrays Hannah Abbott is born.
- 13 March: Actor Harry Melling, who portrays Dudley Dursley, is born to Joanna Melling.
- 28 April: Jack Bagley, who played Student, born.
- 27 June: Actor Matthew Lewis, who portrays Neville Longbottom, is born to Adrian and Lynda Lewis.
- 21 July: Actor Jamie Waylett who portrays Vincent Crabbe is born.
- 23 July: Actor Daniel Radcliffe, who portrays Harry Potter, is born to Marcia and Alan Radcliffe.
- 21 August: Actor Robert Knox who portrays Marcus Belby, is born. He died in 2008.
- 7 September: Hugh Mitchell, who played Colin Creevey, born.
- 1 October: Actor Louis Cordice who portrays Blaise Zabini is born
- 12 October: Eleanor Columbus, who played Susan Bones, born.
- 18 November: Actor Luke Youngblood who portrays Lee Jordan is born.
- 18 December: Tony Coburn, who played Teenage Lucius Malfoy, born.
- Actor Kenneth Branagh who portrays Gilderoy Lockhart in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, marries Emma Thompson who portrays Sybill Trelawney in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 5, "Ordinary Wizarding Levels" Achievement
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 5, Chapter 30 (Into the Vault)
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 5, Chapter 31 (After the Vault)
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 6, Chapter 2 (Curses and Prophecies)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 16 (The Goblet of Fire) states her seventeeth birthday was in October 1994. Therefore, she was in her sixth year then and left school in the 1995-1996 school year
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone states Lee Jordan was in the same year as Fred and George Weasley meaning he would have left school in the 1995-1996 school year
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 9 (The Half-Blood Prince) states that Katie Bell was "the only remaining member of the original Gryffindor Quidditch team that Harry had joined in his first year". Alicia was still a member of the team the following year, since she is mentioned to be on the team in the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 14 (Percy and Padfoot). This means she left following the 1995-1996 school year
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 4 (The Leaky Cauldron) "Fred and George, who were about to start their fifth year at Hogwarts" in the 1993-1994 school year so they can only have started in the 1989-1990 school year
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 9 (Grim Defeat) "Diggory was a fifth-year" in the 1993-1994 school year so he can only have started in the 1989-1990 school year
- ↑ Roger's at least two years older than Harry Potter since he was captain of Ravenclaw's Quidditch team from at least 1993 to 1996 and Fleur considered him old enough to go to the Yule Ball with when she declined Ron. Therefore, Roger left Hogwarts following the 1995-1996 school year
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- ↑ HP Lexicon - The Age of the Weasleys works out that Bill was born in November 1970 meaning he started Hogwarts in September 1982 and graduated in 1989
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Emily Tyler was shown to be in the same lessons as Bill Weasley, meaning that she graduated at the end of the 1988-1989 school year too.
|20th century : 1980s|
|1980 - 1981 - 1982 - 1983 - 1984 - 1985 - 1986 - 1987 - 1988 - 1989|