She-Hulk Trailer Dropped - The Loop
Do you like this video?
The following events occurred in 1992:
- 1 Events
- 2 Births
- 3 Deaths
- 4 Behind the scenes
- 5 External links
- 6 See also
- 7 Notes and references
Early second term
- Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff Quidditch match.
- Harry overhears Severus Snape arguing with Quirinus Quirrell in the Forbidden Forest.
- Around mid-March: Hermione begins drawing up study schedules.
- Harry, Ron, and Hermione run across Hagrid in the library studying about raising dragons and visit his hut to see his dragon egg.
- c.24 May: Harry overhears Quirrell arguing with Lord Voldemort, and assumes that Snape is threatening Quirrell again.
- c. 25 May: Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Neville Longbottom, and Draco Malfoy serve detention in the Forbidden Forest with Rubeus Hagrid. They spot a dead unicorn and Harry encounters Lord Voldemort for the first time since his infancy.
- c.4 June: Harry, Ron, and Hermione go on a quest to keep the Philosopher's Stone from Professor Quirrell, This results in Harry killing Quirrell. This left Harry pleased that he got the stone, but that joy lasted briefly as Voldemort leaves said physical world as a flying entity, flying through a shocked Harry and knocking him out with the stone still in his hand as a final act of revenge.
- c.7 June: 3 days since he confronted Voldemort, Harry wakes up in the Hospital Wing.
- 31 July:
- 3 August: Harry is rescued from 4 Privet Drive by Ron and Fred and George Weasley, and they go to The Burrow.
- 19 August: Harry, Hermione, and the Weasleys shop in Diagon Alley. In Flourish and Blotts, they meet Gilderoy Lockhart and Lucius Malfoy. Lucius slips an old school diary of Tom Riddle’s into Ginny Weasley's cauldron. He also starts a fight with Arthur Weasley.
- 1 September: Ginny Weasley, Luna Lovegood, Colin Creevey and Harper begin at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Harry and Ron miss the Hogwarts Express and fly a car to school.
- 2 September: Ron Weasley receives a Howler from his mother.
- 5 September: The Chamber of Secrets is opened by Ginny Weasley, under the influence of Tom Riddle’s diary.
- Draco Malfoy becomes the Seeker of Slytherin Quidditch team.
- 31 October: Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington's five-hundredth Deathday Party was held and the basilisk petrifies Mrs Norris.
- 7 November: The rogue bludger breaks Harry's arm at the Gryffindor vs Slytherin Quidditch match, and Professor Lockhart accidentally erases all the bones from it.
- 8 November: Colin Creevey is petrified by the basilisk.
- A secret passage behind a mirror on the fourth floor caves in, forcing Fred and George to stop using it. It formerly led to Hogsmeade.
- The week before Christmas: The British Ministry of Magic conducts a raid on Malfoy Manor, but fails to find anything.
- 10 December: Hermione Granger steals ingredients for Polyjuice Potion from Snape's office.
- 17 December: At the first meeting of the Duelling Club, Harry Potter speaks Parseltongue and many suspect that he is the Heir of Salazar Slytherin.
- 18 December: Justin Finch-Fletchley and Nearly-Headless Nick are petrified by the basilisk.
- 25 December: Hermione Granger finishes brewing Polyjuice Potion. Harry Potter and Ron Weasley use it to take on the appearances of Gregory Goyle and Vincent Crabbe, respectively, while Hermione accidentally turned partially into a cat.
Individuals who started at Hogwarts
- 4 June: Quirinus Quirrell
- Nicolas Flamel
- Perenelle Flamel
- Cassiopeia Black
- Cygnus Black III
- Lucretia Prewett (née Black)
- Unnamed 'runt' dog of Marjorie Dursley
- Armando Dippet
Behind the scenes
- 15 March: Anna Shaffer, who played Romilda Vane, is born.
- 25 August: Angelica Mandy, who played Gabrielle Delacour, is born.
- 30 September: Ezra Miller, who played Credence, is born.
- 15 December: Alexander Watson, who played an extra twice, is born.
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 13 (Nicolas Flamel)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 14 (Norbert the Norwegian Ridgeback) - "“Hermione, the exams are ages away.” “Ten weeks,” Hermione snapped." Exams are commonly in early June.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 14 (Norbert the Norwegian Ridgeback)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 15 (The Forbidden Forest) - "Then, about a week before the exams were due to start, Harry’s new resolution not to interfere in anything that didn’t concern him was put to an unexpected test."
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 15 (The Forbidden Forest) - "The following morning, notes were delivered to Harry, Hermione, and Neville at the breakfast table. They were all the same: Your detention will take place at eleven o’clock tonight."
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 2 (Dobby's Warning)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 3 (The Burrow)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 4 (At Flourish and Blotts)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 6 (Gilderoy Lockhart)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 7 (Mudbloods And Murmurs)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 8 (The Deathday Party)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 9 (The Writing on the Wall)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 10 (The Rogue Bludger)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 10 (The Marauder's Map) "“knows about these four –’ he pointed them out, ‘– but we’re sure we’re the only ones who know about these. Don’t bother with the one behind the mirror on the fourth floor. We used it until last winter, but it’s caved in – completely blocked"
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 12 (The Polyjuice Potion)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 11 (The Duelling Club)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 3 (The Burrow)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 5 (The Whomping Willow)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 10 (Luna Lovegood) Ginny says "Luna’s in my year, but in Ravenclaw.” According to Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 5 (The Whomping Willow), Ginny started Hogwarts in September 1992 so Luna would have done too
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 14 (Felix Felicis) "No idea, but it’s great for us,” said Ginny brightly. “They’re playing Harper instead; he’s in my year and he’s an idiot"
- According to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 20 (Lord Voldemort's Request), Montgomery was five when he died in April so he would be born between April 1991 and April 1992
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 17 (The Man with Two Faces)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 17 (The Man with Two Faces) "They have enough Elixir stored to set their affairs in order and then, yes, they will die"
- Black Family Tapestry
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 2 (Aunt Marge's Big Mistake)
- Harry Potter Limited Edition - The Paintings of Hogwarts: Masterpieces from the School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Sets - (1637 - 1992) (see this image)
|20th century : 1990s|
|1990 - 1991 - 1992 - 1993 - 1994 - 1995 - 1996 - 1997 - 1998 - 1999|