At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
The 1992-1993 school year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, while still allowing for usual events such as Quidditch and regular classes, was largely dominated by the events surrounding the reopening of the Chamber of Secrets.
The staff at Hogwarts during the 1992–1993 school year were as follows:
|Headmaster||Professor Albus Dumbledore|
(suspended 8 May—30 May, 1993)
|Received an Order of Suspension from the Board of Governors because of the Chamber of Secrets incidents. Reinstated when the Governors stepped up to Lucius Malfoy, who had been threatening to curse their families if they did not suspend Dumbledore.|
|Deputy Head||Professor Minerva McGonagall|
(Acting Head 8 May—30 May, 1993)
|Acting Headmistress during Dumbledore's suspension.|
|Head of Gryffindor House||Professor Minerva McGonagall|
|Head of Hufflepuff House||Professor Pomona Sprout|
|Head of Ravenclaw House||Professor Filius Flitwick|
|Head of Slytherin House||Professor Severus Snape|
|Arithmancy teacher||Professor Septima Vector|
|Astronomy teacher||Professor Aurora Sinistra|
|Care of Magical Creatures teacher||Professor Silvanus Kettleburn||Last year teaching. Professor Kettleburn retired at the end of the year in order to spend more time with his remaining limbs: one arm and half a leg.|
|Charms Master||Professor Filius Flitwick|
|Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher||Professor Gilderoy Lockhart||Was the target of a backfiring Memory Charm in the Chamber of Secrets, and was sent to the Janus Thickey Ward at St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries.|
|Divination teacher||Professor Sybill Trelawney|
|Flying teacher||Madam Rolanda Hooch|
|Herbology teacher||Professor Pomona Sprout|
|History of Magic teacher||Professor Cuthbert Binns|
|Muggle Studies teacher||Male Professor|
|Potions Master||Professor Severus Snape|
|Study of Ancient Runes teacher||Professor Bathsheda Babbling|
|Transfiguration teacher||Professor Minerva McGonagall|
|Matron||Madam Poppy Pomfrey|
|Librarian||Madam Irma Pince|
|Caretaker||Mr Argus Filch|
Second year Gryffindor
|Fourth||History of Magic||Potions|
- Looking at the subjects in the order they happened for each day, it appears there are three periods in the morning, then lunch, followed by two more periods.
- The following subjects happened in this order, on an unknown day - Double Herbology, Transfiguration, then lunch followed by Defence Against the Dark Arts.
- The following subjects also happened in this order, on another unknown day - Potions, Herbology and Defence Against the Dark Arts.
- In the late afternoon of one day, the students had Charms.
- The first lesson of an unknown day was Transfiguration.
- One morning, Defence Against the Dark Arts and then in mid morning, History of Magic, took place.
- There is a chance that fourth year Care of Magical Creatures took place at some point on Friday.
Defence Against the Dark Arts
History of Magic
- International Warlock Convention of 1289
- Something that involved Sardinian Sorcerers in September of 1289
- The Slytherin Quidditch team were given seven Nimbus 2001 broomsticks as a gift from Lucius Malfoy, to ensure that his son, Draco Malfoy was made the team's Seeker.
- On Hallowe'en, Argus Filch's cat Mrs Norris was petrified, while graffiti on the wall declared that the Chamber of Secrets had been opened.
- Professor Gilderoy Lockhart founded the Duelling Club.
- Harry Potter was suspected to be the heir of Slytherin after speaking Parseltongue at the duelling club.
- Throughout the year, more were petrified by Salazar Slytherin's Basilisk:
- Close to the end of the school year, Headmaster Albus Dumbledore was suspended by order of the school governors, but was reinstated after the mystery of the Chamber of Secrets was solved.
- Hagrid was taken to Azkaban as he was connected to the original opening of the Chamber of Secrets.
- Harry and Ron Weasley ventured into the Forbidden Forest and met the Acromantula, Aragog, who informed them that Hagrid was innocent.
- Harry, Ron, and Professor Lockhart breached the Chamber of Secrets. Lockhart attempted to wipe Harry and Ron's memories, but was incapacitated himself. Harry Potter killed the Basilisk and saved Ginny Weasley who was responsible for opening the Chamber.
- All victims were revived with a draught prepared from Mandrake roots, near the end of term.
- As a school treat, Professor Dumbledore cancelled all exams, but Hermione was not happy about it.
- Gryffindor-Slytherin: 150:60
- Hufflepuff-Ravenclaw: 70:200
- Gryffindor-Hufflepuff: cancelled due to the attack on Hermione Granger and Penelope Clearwater.
- Slytherin-Ravenclaw: cancelled
- Gryffindor-Ravenclaw: cancelled
- Slytherin-Hufflepuff: cancelled
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- Creator: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter for Kinect
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- 1991–1992 school year
- 1993–1994 school year
- 1994–1995 school year
- 1995–1996 school year
- 1996–1997 school year
- 1997–1998 school year
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 5, Chapter 1 (Year Five Begins)
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 5, Side Quest "Yer a Prefect!", Elora is in the same house as the player
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 6, Chapter 7 (Niffler Hunting)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 7 (Mudbloods And Murmurs) - "Hedwig was still angry with Harry about the disasterous car journey and Ron's wand was still malfunctioning, surpassing itself on Friday morning by shooting out of Ron's hand in Charms,"
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 9 (The Writing on the Wall) - "not until the following Wednesday did they find out. Harry had been held back in Potions,"
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 9 (The Writing on the Wall) - Following Potions, which is noted as happening "the following Wednesday", Harry, Ron and Hermione went to the library for lunch. Then "The bell rang. Ron and Hermione led the way to History of Magic, bickering." Since Potions happened before lunch, it was likely the third period of day when looking at the pattern in the book.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 11 (The Duelling Club) - "What we need," said Hermione briskly as Thursday afternoon’s double Potions lesson loomed nearer,"
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 6 (Gilderoy Lockhart)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 11 (The Duelling Club) mentions there was Herbology first thing in the morning. It was most likely the same day this schedule took place, as there is not enough room in the week to fit another lesson first thing in the morning judging by other mentions in the book of subjects also having taken place first thing in the morning.
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 15 (Aragog)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 13 (The Very Secret Diary) - "All day long, the dwarfs kept barging into their classes to deliver valentines, to the annoyance of the teachers, and late that afternoon as the Gryffindors were walking upstairs for Charms,"
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 16 (The Chamber of Secrets) - "But something happened in their first lesson, Transfiguration,"
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 16 (The Chamber of Secrets) - When the Chamber of Secrets was opened, the teacher of the previous lesson would take the students to the next. Gilderoy Lockhart, the Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, led his students "midmorning, when they were being led to History of Magic". Therefore, they had his lesson before heading to the next.
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 8 (The Deathday Party) sees Fred and George with a salamander they had rescued from a lesson. As they were seen with it on Saturday and they couldn't have hidden it for long without getting away with it, they must have rescued it recently from a lesson. Friday is the most likely day.
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 11 (The Duelling Club) - "Justin Finch-Fletchley was lying on the floor, rigid and cold, a look of shock frozen on his face, his eyes staring blankly at the ceil- ing. And that wasn’t all. Next to him was another figure, the strangest sight Harry had ever seen. It was Nearly Headless Nick".
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)