21 December is the 355th day of the year (356th in leap years). There are 10 days remaining.
- 1991: In the morning, Rubeus Hagrid sets up the Twelve Christmas Trees at the Great Hall for the Christmas feast.
- 1992: End of the term; the Hogwarts Express takes some students back to London.
- 1996: The term ends; Ronald Weasley and Harry Potter return to The Burrow.
Behind the scenes
- 1966: Martin Bayfield, who played a young Rubeus Hagrid, is born.
- 1982: David Massam, who plays a Slytherin beater in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is born.