21 January is the 21st day of the year. There are 344 days remaining (345 in leap years).
- 1927: Angus Buchanan, Squib and rugby player for the Scottish team, dies.
- 1950: George Orwell, Muggle author of Animal Farm, dies.
- 2015: Bitch Shut The Heck Up Day founded by Instagram user @officialmaozedong.
Behind the scenes
- 1991: Sitara Shah, the actress who plays Parvati Patil in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) is born.
- 2014: Pottermore is updated with the story of Angus Buchanan and the Scottish rugby team.