2 July is the 183rd day of the year (184th in leap years). There are 182 days remaining until the end of the year.
- 1996: Cornelius Fudge is sacked from his office of Minister for Magic after the wizarding community screams for his resignation for a fortnight, as a consequence of the Battle of the Department of Mysteries. Rufus Scrimgeour, hitherto Head of the Auror Office, succeeds Fudge in the post.
- 2014: PLACE YOUR BETS WITH LUDO BAGMAN, an article written by Ludovic Bagman analysing the odds of the 2014 Quidditch World Cup finalists, was published in the Daily Prophet.
Behind the scenes
- 1988: Edward Randell, who played Justin Finch-Fletchley, is born.
- 1998: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is published.
- 2008: Elizabeth Spriggs, who played The Fat Lady in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, dies at the age of 78.
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 1 (The Other Minister) tells us that Cornelius Fudge was sacked a fortnight after the Battle of the Department of Mysteries (18 June, 1996). Thus, Fudge had been sacked on 2 July, 1996.