7 February is the 38th day of the year. There are 327 days remaining (328 in leap years) until the end of the year.
- 1994: Neville Longbottom receives a Howler from his grandmother for writing down all the Gryffindor Tower passwords, thus allowing Sirius Black a way inside.
- 1999: An inquiry is launched at the Improper Use of Magic Office, concerning the mysterious disappearance of a Muggle 'tube train' on the evening of the previous Friday. Rufus Fudge, who did it as a bet, is suspended from his work in the Office.
Notes and references
- ↑ The evening of the Gryffindor v Ravenclaw match, determined to be around February 5, Gryffindor have a party according to Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 13 (Gryffindor versus Ravenclaw). That night, in the early hours of the morning on February 6, Sirius gets into the castle according to. Neville was revealed to be the one who left the password lying around and the next day, on February 7, he recieves the Howler according to Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 14 (Snape's Grudge)
- ↑ The Daily Prophet Newsletters
- ↑ Charles Dickens on Wikipedia
- ↑ The Daily Prophet Newsletters features Blenkinsop's obituary on 8 February. It is most likely he died the day before in order to be featured in time
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.