8 January is the 8th day of the year. There are 357 days until the end of the year (358 in leap years).
- Between 1991 and 1997: Ron Weasley's check-out of Quidditch Through the Ages from the Hogwarts Library ends.
- 1996: Harry Potter begins Occlumency lessons with Severus Snape.
- 1996: The Daily Prophet reports the break-outs of ten high-security prisoners from Azkaban.
Behind the scenes
Notes and references
- Quidditch Through the Ages
- “I will expect you at six o’clock on Monday evening, Potter. My office." - Severus Snape Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Chapter 24 - Occlumency) This is the Monday after Harry returns (Sunday the 7th) via the Knight Bus after holiday break.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 25 (The Beetle at Bay) The day after Harry's first Occulmency lesson on Monday, determined to be the 8 January, the Daily Prophet states "The Ministry of Magic announced late last night that there has been a mass breakout from Azkaban" placing the date of the breakout on the 8th
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.