At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
A Guide to Advanced Transfiguration was a textbook used by sixth and seventh year students of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, it was a N.E.W.T.-level textbook, used for advanced study in the subject of Transfiguration.
Cedric Diggory kept a copy of this book in his book-bag in the 1994-1995 school year, although it was splattered with ink after Harry Potter used a Severing Charm on the book-bag so he could have a word with Cedric about the first task of the Triwizard Tournament, in which they were both champions.
Behind the scenes
- In the Harry Potter films, the prop depicting this book bears the title An Advanced Guide to Transfiguration instead.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)
- Harry Potter Limited Edition
- Harry Potter: Puzzles & Spells (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
Notes and references