An Admonitor was a magical bracelet or cuff that monitored the magical activity of the wearer. In the 1920s both the British Ministry of Magic and the Magical Congress of the United States of America employed these against suspects under surveillance.
In the summer of 1927, Torquil Travers placed a pair of Admonitors on Albus Dumbledore in response to the latter's apparent unwillingness to fight Gellert Grindelwald for the Ministry. Those admonitors were later removed from him by Theseus Scamander in order to allow Dumbledore to openly participate in the conflict with Grindelwald.
Behind the scenes
- It is possible that Admonitors work similar to the Trace spell used to monitor underage use of magic in the 1990s.
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay (First appearance)
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
- The Case of Beasts: Explore the Film Wizardry of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- The Archive of Magic: The Film Wizardry of Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald