BiographyAdrian Pucey first started attending Hogwarts for the 1989-1990 school year. He was sorted into the house of Slytherin and made it onto the Slytherin Quidditch team and he played the role of Chaser.
Adrian was on the Slytherin team in Harry Potter's first year up to and including his fifth year; hence, he is no more than two years ahead of Harry, assuming that he did not need to repeat a year, like Marcus Flint. He was notable for being one of the few Slytherin Quidditch players who was not seen to commit a foul or otherwise cheat, despite being on the Quidditch team for at least three years.
Behind the scenes
- Adrian Pucey was played by Scot Fearn in the first two films, but due to a series of errors in the closing credits of Philosopher's Stone, he was listed as having played Terence Higgs (his name was additionally misspelled as "Scott Fern" therein), while David Holmes was wrongly credited as Pucey and Will Theakston (Higgs) as Marcus Flint. These errors were corrected in Chamber of Secrets, though both Fearn's and Jamie Yeates' names contained spelling errors.
- The name Adrian is derived from the Roman name Hadrian, who was an emperor of Rome who gave his name to Hadrian's Wall in England. Adrian means "from Adria", a port on the Adriatic Sea, and was the regnal name of the first and only English pope, Adrian IV.
- Pucey may be from puce, a deep red to dark greyish purple, and from the French word for "flea."
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup
- Harry Potter: The Character Vault
Notes and references
- ↑ "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 11 (Quidditch)
- ↑ IMDb: Philosopher's Stone Credits
- ↑ IMDb: Chamber of Secrets Credits
- ↑ Although Adrian is never identified, the complete Slytherin Quidditch team appeared in the game adaptation.