- "Thanks for teaching us that. Be careful though, you might find some Ravenclaws casting it at you in future duels!"
- —Alannis to Harry after learning Levicorpus[src]
Alannis was a witch and Ravenclaw student at Hogwarts. She was at least in her first year by 1996 and was the captain of the Ravenclaw Duelling Club but due to her being trusted to be captain, it is likely she was at least in her second year.
Alannis was sorted into Ravenclaw when she arrived at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. In 1996 Alannis became captain for Ravenclaw when the Duelling Club was revived by Albus Dumbledore as a precaution to help students defend themselves if the event of an attack from Death Eaters or Lord Voldemort was ever to happen. Minerva McGonagall convinced Harry Potter to join the Ravenclaw Duelling Club, introducing him to Alannis, who requested that he showed a group of watching Ravenclaws how to cast Levicorpus. After her duel with Harry she jokingly told him to watch his back as other Ravenclaws might hit him with their newly learnt jinx.
Magical abilities and skills
- Duelling: As head of the Ravenclaw Duelling Club, Alannis was a highly skilled duellist, who was proficient with the casting of various offensive and defensive spells, such as the Stunning Spell, Shield Charm, Disarming Charm and Levicorpus, showing she was talented with Martial magic.
Behind the scenes
- Alannis has only ever appeared in the video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince never in any of the novels.
- Her last name may be Shepley.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) (First appearance)
Notes and references
- She was at least in her first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in 1996 but due to her physical appearance, height and responsibility it is more than likely that she was older.
- "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game)