|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
Mr Dumbledore was an individual that once owned a phoenix, but it took flight when he died and never returned. He was an example of a story in the Dumbledore family that a phoenix would come to any Dumbledore who is in desperate need.
Behind the scenes
- Considering the immense lifespan of Phoenixes, it is possible that there is in fact only one Phoenix, Fawkes, that follows different members of the Dumbledore family, though J. K. Rowling has said that Fawkes had not served another human before Albus Dumbledore.
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay (First mentioned)
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Percival, his great-grandson, was born at least by 1864, so he must have been alive by then.
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay, Scene 28
- Edinburgh "cub reporter" press conference, ITV, 16 July 2005