|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
Behind the scenes
- Some have speculated that this ferret may actually be a Jarvey, which is noted to look like an overgrown ferret. Jarveys, however, live mostly underground and seem to behave aggressively. Furthermore, Jarveys almost constantly cry short (and often rude) phrases, while the animal depicted in the film is silent during all the scene. Thus, it is very unlikely is a Jarvey.
- According to the Hogwarts supplies list, students are allowed to take an owl or a cat or a toad. However, Albus took a ferret and an owl to Hogwarts. The rule may have been changed by 2017. However, there were exceptions to this rule during the 1990s, including rats (which might have changed by 2017) and Pygmy Puffs (which were owned by Albus' uncle and mother, respectively).
- It should be noted that, because it is only glimpsed within the film and is not mentioned at all in the books, the ferret's canonical status is ambiguous.
- There is a common headcanon where the ferret is a sly form of foreshadowing of the Scorpius/Albus relation ship by referencing the Fourth Book where Madeye Moody turns Draco Malfoy into a ferret briefly.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (First appearance)