Alison Denshaw was a witch and Gryffindor student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in the 1990s. She competed in the school Exploding Snap tournament during the 1996–1997 school year.
The name "Alison" is the Norman French diminutive of Aalis. It has often been construed to mean "truthful". It was common in England and France in the Middle Ages, and was later revived in the 20th century. Variant spellings have substituted "y" for "i", or included an extra "l" in the spelling.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (PS2 version only) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) (NDS version only)
Notes and references
- ↑ She was at least in her first year at Hogwarts during the 1993–1994 school year.
- ↑ "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game)
|Hogwarts Exploding Snap Tournament|
|Exploding Snap Cup|
|Known contenders during the 1996–1997 school year|
|Ethan Bexley · Nerissa Brody · Lisa Cullen · Alison Denshaw · Felicity Eastchurch · Lucy Hurst · Anita Macduff · Paul Mawdesley · Manoj Pandit · Harry Potter · Graham Romsey · Ella Wilkins · Dora Williams|