At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
Andre Egwu (born c. 1973) was a wizard who began attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in 1984 and was Sorted into Ravenclaw. He was a devoted fan of the Pride of Portree Quidditch team.
Hogwarts years (1984-1990)
Andre joined the Ravenclaw Quidditch team as a Keeper and was considered the best Quidditch player at the school by some, though he himself thought that Charles Weasley was better. He was among the team members trapped by cursed ice in the Quidditch Changing Rooms.
In the 1987–1988 school year, Andre expressed needing new buttons for his cloaks during the Button to Beetle Transfiguration lesson. During the lesson on the Snake Summons Spell, he wondered if he would have been judged should he wear snakeskin trousers.
In the 1988–1989 school year, after finishing the Potions O.W.L., Charles Weasley asked Jacob's sibling for help, for Andre apparently didn't think revisions were needed. The three met up at the Three Broomsticks Inn, where Andre's dream to become a professional Keeper was revealed to be his reason for disregarding preparations for the exam. After Jacob's sibling persuaded Andre to take the exam a little more seriously, the three chatted about careers over Butterbeer.
It is requested that this article, or a section of this article, should be expanded. Please help the Harry Potter Wiki by expanding this article to give more complete coverage of its subject.
Magical abilities and skills
- Flying: Andre was a highly talented and accomplished broomstick flyer from an early age, quickly mastering various flying techniques during Flying class and being proficient enough to be selected on the Ravenclaw Quidditch team as Keeper. Some at Hogwarts considered him the best Quidditch player in the school, which clearly shows his impressive skill in this magical sport.
Behind the scenes
- In Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Andre is unlocked as a friend upon the completion of Chapter 1 of Year 4.
- Upon reaching maximum friendship at level 10 with Andre, a unique clothing item is gifted to the player: a Pride of Portree shirt.
- In Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, when Jacob's sibling needed to secure a broomstick to fly into the Forbidden Forest, the player got to choose between Andre, Merula Snyde, and Ismelda Murk. If Andre was chosen, his concern was that he might get kicked off the Ravenclaw Quidditch team, Jacob's sibling getting hurt, and his broom, given to him by his grandmother, getting broken.
- In Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, when Jacob's sibling needed an additional helper alongside Charlie Weasley and Sickleworth to search for the missing half of Torvus' family heirloom in the Forbidden Forest, the player got to choose between Andre, Ben Copper, and Ismelda Murk. If Andre was chosen, Charlie would respond having to always think it cool should they be on the same team, as they are both Qudditch players but for different House.
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (First appearance)
Notes and references
- ↑ "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- ↑ As his grandmother played on a Quidditch team, she had to be a witch. This means Andre had at least one magical or Squib parent, meaning he could not have been Muggle-born.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 5, "Ordinary Wizarding Levels" Achievement - Part 2, Side Quest "Career Minded"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 4, Chapter 5 (Time to Fly) (info revealed if Andre was selected as the one to borrow broomstick from)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 3, Chapter 3 (Three Broomsticks)
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 2 onward, Andre was seen in the same Transfiguration class as Jacob's sibling and Rowan Khanna, meaning they are in the same year.
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 2 onward, when Transfiguration becomes available, one possible speech bubble would be "I love animals." by Andre.
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 2, Chapter 8 (Training the Team)
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 2, Chapter 9 (Wizards Unite!)
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 3, Chapter 1 (Year Three Begins) - Flying Lesson "Rolling"
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 4, Chapter 8 (Sickleworth) - Transfiguration Lesson "Button to Beetle"
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 4, Chapter 12 (Working with Snape) - Transfiguration Lesson "Serpensortia"
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 5, "Ordinary Wizarding Levels" Achievement - Part 1, Side Quest "Take the O.W.L.s!"
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 3, Chapter 3 (Three Broomsticks) - He has worn the same scarf upon first appearance in Year 2, though only until this chapter where it was confirmed to be the Pride of Portree scarf.
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 4, Chapter 10 (Seeing Red) (info revealed if Andre was selected as the additional helper)