The name "Andrew" comes from the Greek name Ανδρεας (Andreas), which was derived from ανηρ (aner) "man" (genitive ανδρος (andros) "of a man"). "Snowy Owl" refers to the species of owl.
Behind the scenes
- This character is a presumably a tribute to Andrew Ackland-Snow, who worked as an art director on all eight Harry Potter films.
- Harry Potter films (Name appears on plaque)
Notes and references
- "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- See this image of a prop used in the films on display as part of Harry Potter: The Exhibition.
- Harry Potter: The Exhibition report (in Russian)
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.