|"There are plenty of eye-witness accounts. Just because you're so narrow-minded you need to have everything shoved under your nose before you–"
This article contains a list of appearances, but currently has few or no notes and references. Please help the Harry Potter Wiki by adding notes and/or references to bring this article to a higher standard of quality.
Andros was born in Greece, in the Classical antiquity. At some point, he mastered wandless spellcasting as well as the Patronus Charm. His corporeal Patronus was claimed to be the size of a Giant, although whether its form was in fact a Giant or some other gigantic form is unclear. In recognition of his skill in wizardry, he earned the epithet 'the Invincible'.
Behind the scenes
- Although Andros was featured on a famous wizard card, it is known that the size and corporeal form of a Patronus has no influence upon its power. In fact, another famous Patronus, belonging to Illiyus, took the form of a little mouse.
- The word Anēr, of which Andros is the genitive form, is Ancient Greek for "man". The word is currently used as a prefix in many non-Greek words. It is also the name of a Greek island (Andros), an Atlantic island, and several fictional characters in franchises such as Power Rangers, Sandman and Marvel Comics.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Wonderbook: Book of Spells (Mentioned only)
- Pottermore (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)