Andros was born in Greece, in the Classical antiquity. At some point, he mastered wandless spellcasting as well as the Patronus Charm. His corporeal Patronus was claimed to be the size of a Giant, although whether its form was in fact a Giant or some other gigantic form is unclear. In recognition of his skill in wizardry, he earned the epithet 'the Invincible'.
Magical abilities and skills
- Charms: Andros was exceptionally proficient and accomplished in charm-work, as he was able to produce a corporeal Patronus to the size of a giant. Given the immense difficulty of casting such a powerful and advanced protective charm, this shows the true incredible extent of his magical power as he was able to cast the spell to such an impressive extent.
- Wandless magic: Andros was also capable of producing his incredibly large Patronus without using a wand, showing him to him to have been a remarkably powerful and talented wizard of superior magical ability, given the high level of difficulty required in casting spells wandlessly and being able to do so with such a complicated charm.
Behind the scenes
- Although Andros was featured on a famous wizard card, it is known that the size and corporeal form of a Patronus has no influence upon its power. In fact, another famous Patronus, belonging to Illyius, took the form of a little mouse, but was still of immense power.
- The word Anēr, of which Andros is the genitive form, is Ancient Greek for "man". The word is currently used as a prefix in many non-Greek words. It is also the name of a Greek island (Andros), an Atlantic island, and several fictional characters in franchises such as Power Rangers, Sandman and Marvel Comics.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Wonderbook: Book of Spells (Mentioned only)
- Pottermore (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)