In 1996, after Fred and George Weasley's dramatic exit from Hogwarts, Pansy Parkinson was hit with this spell, presumably in retaliation for the fact that she and other members of the Inquisitorial Squad had been helping Argus Filch to crack down on the sudden increase in rule-breaking. The next day, Pansy had to miss all of her classes, which pleased Hermione Granger.
Behind the scenes
In Spanish "Ante" when used as a noun can refer to "buckskin". It is more commonly known in Latin, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese to mean "before" or "above". "Oculas" in Latin means "eyes" or "to see".
The spell can either refer to "buckskin", or buck-like attributes appearing. Or, more vaguely, refers to something above the eyes- where the spell appears to target.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First appearance)
- J. K. Rowling's Official Site (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7