At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- "Pansy Parkinson, to Hermione’s delight, missed all her lessons the following day, as she had sprouted antlers."
- —Pansy Parkinson after having had this spell used on her[src]
In 1996, after Fred and George Weasley's dramatic exit from Hogwarts, Pansy Parkinson was hit with this spell, presumably in retaliation for the fact that she and other members of the Inquisitorial Squad had been helping Argus Filch to crack down on the sudden increase in rule-breaking. The next day, Pansy had to miss all of her classes, which pleased Hermione Granger.
In Spanish "Ante" when used as a noun can refer to "buckskin". It is more commonly known in Latin, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese to mean "before" or "above". "Oculas" in Latin means "eyes" or "to see".
The spell can either refer to "buckskin", or buck-like attributes appearing. Or, more vaguely, refers to something above the eyes- where the spell appears to target.
Behind the scenes
- This spell was briefly mentioned on question seven of the WOMBAT Test on what should receive the lightest punishment by the Wizengamot as "horns created on a culprit's mother by a broken wand".
- This spell can be purchased amongst various other novelty spells in Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment in LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 and in Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes in LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- J. K. Rowling's official site (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (First appearance)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery