Anthony Goldstein was a wizard who was a student in Harry Potter's year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. He was Sorted into Ravenclaw and became friends with fellow Ravenclaws Terry Boot and Michael Corner. In his fifth year he joined Dumbledore's Army, an organisation taught and led by Harry Potter. In 1998 he faught in the Battle of Hogwarts along side his fellow D.A. members.
Hogwarts Years (1991-1998)
Anthony Goldstein started his education at Hogwarts in 1991. During the Welcoming Feast Anthony was sorted into the Ravenclaw house under the current Head of House, Filius Flitwick. He became friends with fellow Ravenclaws Michael Corner and Terry Boot during his first year and would share a dorm with the boys.
In his fifth year, Anthony became a prefect along with Padma Patil. During his fifth year, Anthony would become a member of Dumbledore's Army, an organisation against Dolores Umbridge and the Ministry's increased control over the running of Hogwarts. He attended several of the meetings.
Seventh Year and Battle of Hogwarts
Anthony was an Egyptian ascetic monk considered to be the founder of Christian monasticism. Goldstein is a relatively common Jewish surname, which is a possible indication of Jewish heritage.
Behind the scenes
- Anthony was initially a Hufflepuff on the student list shown by J. K. Rowling on Harry Potter and Me. He is also listed as a half-blood there.
- He attended Hogwarts in the 1997-98 school year, meaning that he was either a half-blood or a pureblood. Given that he was said to be a half-blood on the classlist in Harry Potter and Me, it is likely that it is the former.
- Anthony is voiced by Tom Wheatley in the video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
- J.K. Rowling has stated that Anthony is Jewish. 
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Name appears on parchment) (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (DS and PSP versions only)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Consoles and Windows versions)
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
Notes and references