At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- "So even if she's bewitched the door so Alohomora won't work, which I bet she has —"
- — Harry Potter mentioning Dolores Umbridge's possible use of this charm[src]
This spell was invented by Blagdon Blay, sometime in the early 17th century. His house had been broken into nineteen times through use of the Unlocking Charm (Alohomora), and so he invented this spell to counteract it.
Sometime before the 1986–1987 school year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Merula Snyde and Tulip Karasu secured the door to Jacob's room with a special padlock enchanted with an Anti-Alohomora Charm that required two keys to open so that they could only access the room together.
During one of their many times breaking into Argus Filch's office, Jacob's sibling wondered why Mr Filch didn't secure his office with such a spell to prevent students from entering. They were unaware that Filch was a Squib and thus unable to do so.
|Unknown||1926||May have been among the anti-unlocking charms placed on Percival Graves's office, as Queenie Goldstein unsuccessfully tried Alohomora to open it, along with Aberto.|
|Filius Flitwick||1991–1992||Possibly placed this charm onto the third obstacle of the chambers that lead to the Philosopher's Stone during the 1991–1992 school year, as the door there could not be opened with the Unlocking Charm.|
|Dolores Umbridge||1996||Harry Potter suspected that Dolores Umbridge, then Defence Against the Dark Arts professor, locked her office to prevent the Unlocking Charm from working, possibly referring to this charm.|
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Possible appearance)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay (Possible appearance)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film) (Possible appearance)
- Wonderbook: Book of Spells (First appearance)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
Notes and references
- Wonderbook: Book of Spells
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 7, Chapter 17 (An Infestation of Doxies) - Charms Lesson "Anti-Alohomora Charm"
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 3, Chapter 5 (Tulip Karasu)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay, Scene 70
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 16 (Through the Trapdoor)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 29 (Careers Advice)