At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
Apollyon Pringle was the caretaker at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry during the 1960s. He was the caretaker of Hogwarts while Arthur and Molly Weasley were attending, which Molly related to Harry Potter and Bill Weasley in 1995 before the third task of the Triwizard Tournament.
Apparently Hogwarts allowed him to use corporal punishment on students, as Mrs Weasley told Harry that he caned Arthur for being out late, with her even saying that he still had the marks.
"Apollyon" is the Greek name for Abbadon, the spiritual being named as "The Destroyer" in Christian apocalyptic theology.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- As Apollyon was employed at Hogwarts around 1961, he must have been of age (17) by then.
- "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 31 (The Third Task)