- "Then they visited the Apothecary, which was fascinating enough to make up for its horrible smell, a mixture of bad eggs and rotted cabbages. Barrels of slimy stuff stood on the floor; jars of herbs, dried roots, and bright powders lined the walls; bundles of feathers, strings of fangs, and snarled claws hung from the ceiling. While Hagrid asked the man behind the counter for a supply of some basic potion ingredients for Harry, Harry himself examined silver unicorn horns at twenty-one Galleons each and minuscule, glittery-black beetle eyes (five Knuts a scoop)."
On 31 July, 1991, Rubeus Hagrid took Harry Potter to Diagon Alley to purchase supplies for his first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Harry looked around the store while Hagrid dealt with the man behind the counter, noting that unicorn horns were on sale for twenty-one Galleons apiece, and black beetle eyes for five Knuts per scoop.
In the summer of 1996, Harry joined the Weasleys in shopping for the upcoming school year. Neither Harry nor Ron Weasley bought any ingredients at the Apothecary, as they thought they would not be studying Potions in the school year to come.
Behind the scenes
- In The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, the Apothecary is located in the Carkitt Market area, above the Museum of Muggle Curiosities.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
- The Making of Harry Potter
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Notes and references