At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
Professor Arif Sikander was a wizard who acted as the replacement Muggle Studies teacher at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in the 1990–1991 school year, whilst the former teacher Quirinus Quirrell was away on a sabbatical trip in Europe.
Magical abilities and skills
- Muggle Studies: As a professor of Muggle Studies at Hogwarts, Sikander was highly knowledgeable of Muggles and their ways of living.
Behind the scenes
- This character appears to have been modeled after an unnamed background character that made an appearance in the first film, suggesting that the two are supposed to be the same person.
- Assuming Professor Sikander was offered the post full-time once it became clear that Quirrell would switch subjects rather than return to it, this would also imply that Sikander was the male Muggle Studies professor mentioned in the video game adaption of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (First appearance)
Notes and references
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 7, Chapter 1 (Year Seven Begins)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 7, Chapter 3 (On the Case)
- "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 7, Chapter 4 (A New Assignment) - Muggle Studies Lesson "Rotary Phone"
|Professors: Quirinus Quirrell · Arif Sikander · Unidentified male professor · Charity Burbage · Alecto Carrow|
|Classrooms: Art Classroom · Fifth Floor classroom · Muggle Studies Classroom · Muggle Studies showroom · Music Classroom|
|Textbooks: Home Life and Social Habits of British Muggles|
|Subjects: Explain Why Muggles Need Electricity · Light bulb · Radio · Rotary phone · Rubber duck|