|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
The two brothers of Arthur Weasley were English pure-blood wizards. Their parents were Septimus and Cedrella Weasley (née Black). At least one of them appears to have had children, as there were mentions of various Weasley cousins at the wedding of Bill Weasley and Fleur Delacour in August of 1997.
Behind the scenes
- J. K. Rowling stated that Arthur had two brothers. They have not been named thus far.
- In addition, an uncle of the Weasley children who attended Bill and Fleur's wedding, may have been one of Arthur's brothers.
- When Harry Potter attended Bill and Fleur's wedding disguised as a red-haired Muggle boy, one of the Weasley uncles, who was intoxicated at the time, wondered if Harry was his son. This may mean that one of Arthur's brothers has at least one son, or he may have simply been extremely drunk.
- Ron has an uncle Bilius who could be one of Arthur's brothers, or Molly might have another brother that we don't know about.
- These individuals were not featured on the Weasley family tree shown on Pottermore.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (First appearance)
- J. K. Rowling's official site (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- "Extra Stuff: The Weasley Family" at J. K. Rowling's official site
- Although it has never been confirmed that Septimus and Cedrella are the parents of Arthur and his brothers, this can be inferred based on Sirius Black's statement in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 6 (The Noble and Most Ancient House of Black) that Arthur was "something like [his] second cousin once removed." The Black family tree establishes Cedrella as a first cousin once removed of both Orion and Walburga Black, Sirius's parents. Thus, any children she had would be their second cousins, and second cousins once removed of their sons Sirius and Regulus. Also, almost all of Sirius's relatives can be seen on the Black family tree because both his parents were born into the House of Black, making it unlikely that he could be related to Arthur in a way not shown. See also this article's talk page and this HPL essay for more information.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 8 (The Wedding)
- One of the brothers was stated to attend, but it is most likely that both attended the wedding.