At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The topic of this article is of a real-life subject that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
Asia is a continent in the eastern hemisphere. The known wizarding nations that comprise it are Bangladesh, China, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Korea, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Syria, and Thailand.
The Tibet region, the Chinese cities of Jixi and Nanchang, the Japanese town of Toyohashi and island of Minami Iwo Jima are known locations that house the Asian wizarding community. According to Goshawk's Guide to Herbology, there is a wizard in Nepal who grows gravity-resistant trees. The Assyria and Borneo regions are known for magical flora and fauna.
The known magical governing bodies in the continent are the Bangladeshi Ministry of Magic, the Chinese Ministry of Magic, the Indian Ministry of Magic, the Iranian Ministry of Magic, the Japanese Ministry of Magic, the Mongolian Ministry of Magic and the Pakistani Ministry of Magic.
Mahoutokoro School of Magic is the only known wizarding school in Asia so far, located in Japan. It is the smallest of the main eleven wizarding schools. It is not known if it accepts students from regional wizarding nations. It is also possible that Koldovstoretz, the Russian wizarding school, is located in Siberia, the Asian part of the country.
Magical games and sports
Magical creatures and plants
- Chinese Fireball
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First mentioned)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Mentioned only)
- Quidditch Through the Ages (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup (Mentioned only)
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
- Wizarding World (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Quidditch Through the Ages
- Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Mahoutokoro" at Wizarding World
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 10 (Luna Lovegood)