|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The topic of this article is of a real-life subject that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really existed), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
Asia is a continent in the eastern hemisphere. The known wizarding nations that comprised it were Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Korea, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Syria, and Thailand.
The Tibet region, the Chinese cities of Jixi and Nanchang, the Japanese town of Toyohashi and island of Minami Iwo Jima were known locations that house the Asian wizarding community. According to Goshawk's Guide to Herbology, there was a wizard in Nepal who grew gravity-resistant trees. The Assyria and Borneo regions were known for magical flora and fauna.
The known magical governing bodies in the continent were the Bangladeshi Ministry of Magic, the Chinese Ministry of Magic, the Indian Ministry of Magic, the Iranian Ministry of Magic, the Japanese Ministry of Magic, the Mongolian Ministry of Magic and the Pakistani Ministry of Magic.
Mahoutokoro School of Magic was the only known wizarding school in Asia so far, located in Japan. It was the smallest of the main eleven wizarding schools. It is not known if it accepted students from regional wizarding nations. It is also possible that Koldovstoretz, the Russian wizarding school, was located in Siberia, the Asian part of the country.
Magical games and sports
Magical creatures and plants
- Chinese Fireball
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Mentioned on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Mentioned on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Mentioned on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (Mentioned in newspaper)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Mentioned only)
- Quidditch Through the Ages (Mentioned only)
- Pottermore (First appearance)
- Wizarding World
- Harry Potter: The Creature Vault (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Wonderbook: Book of Potions
- Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Mahoutokoro" at Wizarding World
- Asia on Wikipedia
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film) - Chapter 22 (The Second Task)
- Quidditch Through the Ages, Chapter 8 (The Spread of Quidditch Worldwide)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- PLAY-OFF FOR THIRD PLACE (Archived from Pottermore)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 5, Chapter 23 (Mischief Masterpiece) - Herbology Lesson "Chinese Chomping Cabbage"
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 10 (Luna Lovegood)