At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
Aurélie Dumont was a French witch who attended Beauxbatons Academy of Magic. She was pen-friends with Penny Haywood, and the two shared an interest in Potions. In the 1980s, she visited Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to search for an Alchemical artefact.
At one point during the 1985–1986 school year, Aurélie visited Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, supposedly considering a transfer. Penny introduced her to Jacob's sibling, who proceeded to give her a tour of the castle alongside Rowan Khanna. However, they soon noticed that Aurélie was acting suspicious and seemed to be searching the school for an item. When confronted by Jacob's sibling, Aurélie admitted that she came to Hogwarts hoping to find an Alchemy-related artefact.
After reading about alchemy, Aurélie and Jacob's sibling realised that the artefact was most likely a chalice that belonged to Nicholas Flamel. However, they soon were asked to visit Albus Dumbledore's office, where he encouraged Aurélie to stop comparing herself to her brother and informed her that if the chalice did exist, it was not hidden at Hogwarts. She decided to pursue Alchemy not to outdo her brother, but because she enjoyed the subject. Afterwards she said good-bye to Jacob's sibling and Penny, and returned to Beauxbatons.
Magical abilities and skills
- Potions: Aurélie was highly talented in the magical art and science of brewing potions. She was the best Potioneer in her class at Beauxbatons Academy of Magic.
- Alchemy: Aurélie had considerable skill in Alchemy, a particularly esoteric and complex branch of magic. Indeed, Albus Dumbledore himself praised her talents, noting she was already greater than her brother.
- Duelling: Aurélie had considerable skill in duelling and was able to hold her own against Jacob's sibling.
- Wand: Aurélie owned a wand, which was of unknown length, wand wood and wand core. She most likely purchased her wand from a French wandmaker before starting her education at Beauxbatons.
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (First appearance)
Notes and references
- ↑ According to Penny Haywood, Aurélie was in the same year as her. However, the exact way years in Beauxbatons work is unknown.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 2, Side Quest "Hosting the Beauxbatons" "I come from a long line of French wizards.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 3.9 Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 2, Side Quest "Hosting the Beauxbatons"