|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The topic of this article is of a real-life subject that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
Austria is a landlocked country in Central Europe. It is bordered by the Czech Republic and Germany to the north, Hungary and Slovakia to the east, Slovenia and Italy to the south, and Switzerland and Liechtenstein to the west. Nurmengard Castle was found in the mountains of Austria.
Native to Austria
The following creatures are all found worldwide:
Percival Shacklehorn, a British wizard, went to the Austrian Alps in the hope of capturing a Graphorn. During this expedition, a mountain troll snuck into his tent, and was rendered invisible when it broke a bottle of Invisibility Potion. The Muggle monster hunter Laura Thorn was in the Alps searching for a Yeti at the same time. She also wandered into Shacklehorn's tent, and, along with the mountain troll, was accidentally transported to the Leaky Cauldron in London. Mathilda Grimblehawk and her partner were able to track down the loose mountain troll.
Cities and towns
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (First appearance) (Appears in vision(s))
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Appears in vision(s))
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (Mention of Vienna on suitcase label)
- Fantastic Beasts: Cases from the Wizarding World